{Simple Cupcakes}






Little Jack has been asking to make cupcakes now for a week, this morning he got out his little wooden kitchen and was play making them so once Billy went down for his sleep we got to it, this is the recipe I use, it makes 12 good sized cupcakes. 

I love it that my little fella likes to bake, I started baking with him when he was really young and he's a great stirrer! and don't we all have memories of licking the batter off the spoon? plus for me its a nice change from playing with cars. I'm a bit over playing with cars.

...the cupcakes
115g butter, room temperature
225g caster sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
150g self raising flour, sifted
125 plain flour, sifted
125ml milk, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla 

Preheat oven to 180. Line 12 patty tins with cupcake cases. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla till pale, add eggs one at a time mixing between each one, add in the flours and milk and mix till its all combined then spoon a generous tablespoonful of mixture into each case, I do this using two tablespoons, one to pick up and one to drop off. Bake for around 18 minutes, cool on a rack then ice.

For a really simple flat style icing I use a 1 1/2 cups icing sugar a heaped tablespoon of butter which I melt in the microwave, 1 tsp of vanilla extract and a few drops of milk to get it to the right consistency, then I add a few drops of colouring as per Jacks instructions, and he does the rest.

Comments

  1. Did Jack do the sprinkles? If yes I think you've got a creative little man there! Who ever thought to cluster them to one side? it looks so great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment