{Olive Oil Crackers}




Yesterday I was inspired to make crackers by Rhiannon over at Toast and Life so I got out my Ottolenghi cookbook which has had a little piece of paper marking these olive oil crackers for ages. 


Also on my travels through blogville I noticed Lucy at Nourish Me has made these and recommended adding rosemary so I did that, I also added 1/4 cup grated parmesan although that was more of a mistake being distracted while making the dough I read the parmesan from the recipe on the opposite page! they are really moorish and sexy to look at.



...the dough
250g plain flour plus extra for rolling
1 tsp baking powder
115ml water
25ml olive oil plus extra to brush on them
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chopped rosemary needles
1/4 cup grated parmesan (if you like)
flaked sea salt to sprinkle

Mix everything together in a bowl except the extras and the flaked sea salt, make a soft dough, do it by hand its really quick, knead it for 5 minutes or so till its all come together nicely, cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge for an hour.

Preheat oven to 220. Cut off walnut sized pieces and using the extra flour roll out till its a long tongue shape and paper thin (really really thin, my first tray load I didn't roll thin enough). Place crackers on a tray lined with baking paper, brush generously with olive oil, sprinkle on the sea salt and bake for 6 - 8 minutes till light golden brown, cool on a rack.

Comments