{Ginger Crunch}



So this is ginger crunch a kiwi classic straight out of the pages of my trusty edmonds cookbook, I made it to share with a kind friend who left me a parcel on my doorstep a couple of days ago. Not surprisingly its gingery and crunchy its also quite delicious a little bit different and quick to make.

…the base
125g butter softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger

…the icing
75g butter
3/4 cup icing sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
3 teaspoons ground ginger

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, sift in flour, baking powder and ginger and mix through, once the dough comes together turn it out onto a lightly floured board and give it a quick knead. Press dough into a lined 20x30cm sponge roll tin and bake at 190 for 20-25 minutes or until light brown.

When there is about five minutes of cooking time left, combine butter, icing sugar, golden syrup and ginger in a little saucepan and heat until butter is melted and its all nicely combined stirring constantly. Pour hot ginger icing over the still hot base, allow it to set slightly then cut into bars before it gets cold.

Comments

  1. lovely to find your blog via craftykin, one of my absolute favorites. this ginger crunch looks amazing! i must try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sensational recipe. I've never seen anything like this and can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, my. new here, but had to mention that this looks right up my alley.
    molly
    http://www.remedialeating.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! My favourite - even down to the exact same recipe. Although I must say I do tend to double the icing recipe to get a nice thick layer of icing... =)

    www.ginger-crunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment