{Cornflake Biscuits}






This is one of those recipes that makes me remember a certain time, a school friend of mine had a gran who refused to be called nan or gran, she just liked to be called Hazel, I used to love going to her house, I didn't grow up around my own grandparents so I always really treasured visiting her place, she used to make us these biscuits, I remember her rolling them in the cornflakes, yesterday Jack did the rolling in cornflakes bit and he loved it, its a neat thing for kids to have a go at, Hazel was one cool chick and this recipe is for her.



...the biscuits
125g butter softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sultanas
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup self raising flour
1 tbsp milk
about 2 cups cornflakes for rolling

Preheat oven to 180. Cream the butter and sugar till pale and fluffy, add the egg, milk and salt and give it a stir. Sift in the flour add the sultanas then mix it till combined. Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture and coat them in cornflakes. Pop them onto a lined baking tray leaving a bit of room between them and bake for 15 mintutes, cool them on a rack.

Comments