{Chocolate, Walnut & Currant Cookies}






The base cookie mix here is from Ottolengthi's book but I mix around the fruit and nut combination depending on what I have and what I feel like, this time as you can see I had walnuts, dark chocolate and currants, they are really so good, crisp immediately after baking but they soften by the next day, not in a bad way, in a I just had three with my cup of coffee way (oink...) c'mon they are practically healthy, there really is not much butter in them considering it makes about 30 cookies and dried fruit and nuts are totally in the good for you part of the food pyramid thingy.

...the cookies
90g plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
100g butter softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
110g brown sugar
25g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
80g rolled oats
100g roughly chopped walnuts
100g roughly chopped dark chocolate
50g currants

Preheat oven to 170. Cream the butter, sugars and vanilla till pale, add the egg in making sure its nicely incorporated. Sift over the dry ingredients, then add the oats, nuts and fruit and choc, mix till just combined.

You might want to chill it at this point for about 15 minutes then roll balls about the size of a walnut, pop them onto a lined tray leaving a bit of space for spread and bake for 12 minutes until a nice golden brown colour, leave on the tray for a couple of minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.

Comments

  1. They look and sound delicious. I'm adding this one to my bookmarked recipes. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh yum! i just made the sultana and macadmia cookies the other day - dangerous - i ate six in one day! I'll have a break before i make these beauties xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, healthy and delicious = the perfect cookies. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-5.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment