{Lemon Curd & Blueberry Tart}







One of the peas is at work, one is at kinder and the last and smallest of my peas is sleeping on the couch after being a grump all morning. I have some rare peace and quiet, so rare that you might actually think its extinct and come with a David Attenborough voice over but no here I am, with a cup of tea that I don't have to share and a moment to catch up on what you've all been doing and to tell you about this yummy tart.

I found the recipe a while ago over at the lovely Heartbreak Pie, it was super quick to make and pretty impressive for not much effort, if you have a food processor then you can follow Delaneys directions but I still don't so I did it this way. I made it to celebrate the birthday of a girlfriend who loves a lemon tart and in a spooky coincidence she made and dropped off a jar of her homemade lemon curd just in time for it to be the star attraction in our morning tea, ah serendipity, I love it when you pop in.


...the tart
2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
100g butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups lemon curd

1/ 2 punnet of blueberries

Preheat the oven to 180, grease and line a spring form tin (I used 25cm as per Delaney).

Cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs one at a time, stirring to combine and then finally pop in the flour and mix till it comes together as a dough.

Press two thirds of the dough into the base of the tin and up the sides trying to keep it all even. Pour in the lemon curd and sprinkle over the blueberries. Dollop the remaining third of the dough over the filling.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden. Allow it to cool slightly, remove from the tin and dust with icing sugar before serving.

Comments

  1. i loved it!! best birthday lemon tart ever! You realise you baked me a cake last year too! lucky duck i am having you around the corner!! i had to share my take home portion, but Lou classed it as One of The Best! thanks spunk for yet another classic catch up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! glad you had the patience to persevere without a food processor, and homemade lemon curd, what a delight. And thank you! made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a gorgeous blog, i followed you from a comment on Brenda's blog tonight. I just adore that your full time job is to "nourish your family & feather your nest", beautiful!! You're TOTALLY my kind of gal. As a not-very-good-cook but i have to as my husband lives interstate, i will watch & learn from you, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful studded with blueberries. Am imagining a David Attenborough voice announcing the advent of peace & quiet, but almost in a whisper. Sounds like you made the most of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, in my pre-gluten-free days a tart very similar to this was a favourite of mine. Love the added blueberries :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment