{Louise Slice}







So pretty and girly, I remember eating this slice when I was a little girl at a neighbours house, she was called sheila and I've always wondered who louise was, shes's pretty lucky to have a slice named after her, wouldn't mind a slice named after me, maybe I'll invent one...

This is sweet, you need a cup of tea with it, I gave masses of it away so as to not encourage my already demanding sugar addiction.

...the base
50g butter
25g sugar
2 eggs (separated)
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder

...the top
raspberry jam
2 egg whites
125g sugar
50g coconut

Preheat your oven to 180.

Cream the butter and sugar then add egg yolks and combine, next in with the sifted flour and baking powder.  Roll mixture out fairly thin (3-5mm) until it is roughly the size of your baking tin. Line your tin with baking paper and place the rolled out pastry onto that, press the mixture into the corners until the base is evenly covered.  Spread with raspberry jam.

Beat egg whites until quite stiff then add the sugar, continue to beat until sugar is dissolved. Fold in the coconut, do not over beat. Spread the meringue evenly over the jam.

Bake for 30 minutes, cool in the tin before slicing.

Comments