{Cinnamon Bun Cake}




I've made cinnamon buns before and frankly mine were a bit meh, don't get me wrong I love a cinnamon bun I mean really, who doesn't? but all that waiting I don't have the time for it, actually that's a lie who am I kidding I'm a stay at home mum I do have time to let dough sit around and rise but sometimes I just don't want to.

This my darlings is a winner of a cake, its just like a cinnamon bun, its actually a little bit evil, but evil in a good way, needless to say I have dispatched a large portion of it to my neighbours and a pal who is a cinnamon roll aficionado mostly for my own good, it would be a fab addition to an easter brunch.

... the cake
3 cups self-raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
110g butter, melted

...the marble
220g butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp cinnamon

...the glaze
2 cups icing sugar
4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 180.  Into a bowl add the flour, salt, sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla, stir till combined, then slowly stir in the melted butter. Pour batter into a greased baking tin (26cm round at least, its big).

In another bowl, mix the 220g of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon until well combined. Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble.

Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until skewer comes out nearly clean from the centre of cake.

For the glaze mix icing sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Comments