{Gingery Beef & Mushroom Pie}





I really wish you could smell this one cooking, it smells heavenly, the kind of smell that makes you hungry, I'd quite like some company so come on over you can sit in my kitchen and I'll pour you a wine or make you a cuppa, whatever your up for and you can sit, relax and inhale and then why not stay for tea, c'mon theres plenty.

...the pie

2 tablespoons olive oil
500g lean beef mince

3 cloves garlic, chopped
5cm piece ginger (grated)
2 long red chillis, deseeded and sliced
400g assorted mushrooms, I used shitake, oyster and field
150ml beef stock
2 star anise
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 bunch bok choy or any asian green(roughly chopped)
bunch of fresh coriander (chopped)
puff pastry (thawed)


In a large frypan, heat the oil over a high heat, add the beef mince and brown for a couple of minutes then add the garlic, ginger and chillies and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often to break up the beef.

Add the sliced mushrooms, stock, star anise, oyster sauce and soy sauce, then cover and simmer 20 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir through the bok choy and coriander. Season to taste and s
et aside to cool.

Once you are ready to eat heat your oven to 200, spoon the filling into a pie dish (or dishes)cover with the puff pastry and bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and golden brown.

Comments

  1. What cute looking little pies. I don't eat red but love fresh ginger and think I could up the amount of mushrooms instead. Thanks for sharing this recipe Paula.

    Have a good week
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I just came across your blog! cook for me please!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula,
    I visited via Down to Earth on Friday and have spent time over the weekend reading back through your posts.
    We enjoyed a lovely dinner of Spicy lentil soup with ciabatta on Saturday night and I have earmarked a few more recipes for this week's menu. Look forward to trying this pie next week.
    We are Kiwi's too so I can relate to missing the food that is either not available or so easily accessible here...vogels being at the top of the list.
    Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum yum honey! i love a good pie recipe and this one (with beef mince) is just the bomb! why with all those mushrooms I'm surprised i didn't smell you cooking it from mine! hope all is getting well in your house. can't wait to finally catch up! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment