{Chicken & Cornchip Soup}



If you have a look around my blog you'll notice there's quite a lot of soup here. I really love soup and I'm working up a repertoire to have on hand for when the boys start sports, assuming they do, which they may not, no pressure.

But just in case I'm going to be spending hours standing around in cold paddocks cheering on my young men as they chase balls I want to be sure we all come home to a nice bowl of hot soup with thick buttered slices of sourdough. Also en route to said ball game I'll be picking up a coffee, yup coffee will be essential.

...the soup
1 large onion, diced
2 vine ripened tomatoes, diced
1 handful fresh coriander
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 red capsicum, diced
500g chicken boobs, diced
3 cups chicken stock
800g tin diced tomatoes
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp tabasco sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
splash of vinegar
s+p

...finish it off
diced avocado
grated cheese
sour cream
corn chips
sliced spring onions
fresh coriander

Heat the oil in your preferred soup pot and add the garlic, onion and capsicum cook for about five minutes til softened. Add in the chicken and cumin and seal / brown it.

Next you want to add the stock, the tinned and fresh tomatoes, coriander, vinegar, tabasco and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for an hour till rich and a fabulous deep red colour.

Serve with your choice of accompaniments although I recommend you use them all !!

Comments

  1. I love soup and it's one of the quickest ways to eat lots of fresh vegetables. This sounds lovely...espeically with the dash of Tobasco and the tasty accompaniments.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment