{No Bake Berry Tart}





See how fancy that tart looks, well I think its pretty fancy looking and it was so easy.  So easy that you would have to be a total womble not to be able to pull it off.  It's a Nigella, she is a goddess and you know what? I just saw her on the telly last week make another version and instead of lemon curd she used nutella and instead of berries toasted hazelnuts.  I am so making that too.

I'm guessing I don't need to tell you how delicious this was too, absolutely not just a pretty face, I think that while the berries are still utterly and completely juicy and sweet you should make this for your next gathering. That's if you are in my hemisphere of course, if not then remember it for when summer swings back your way x


...the tart
375g digestive biscuits
80g melted butter
400g cream cheese, at room temperature
240g lemon curd, at room temperature
fresh berries to top;


I used a punnet each of blackberries, strawberries and red currants.  Raspberries and blueberries would be fab too.

Crush the biscuits and add the melted butter, press the mixture into the sides and bottom of your tart tin (with removable base). Place in the freezer (or fridge if that is not possible) for about 10–15 minutes.

Whisk the cream cheese and lemon curd till smooth, I used my kitchenaid but you could do it by hand (both MUST be at room temperature for this to occur easily).  Dollop and spread it around the chilled tart tin, smooth it out a wee bit.

Pop the tart into the fridge for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight. It does need to get properly cold in order to set enough to be unsprung and sliced easily.


Arrange all of the lovely fruit gently on top and enjoy. 

Comments

  1. yeah honey this recipe is a winner! I love all the berries on top of yours though...the red currents look amazing! And look at your fancy camera work - whoot whoot! hope you had a wonderful chrissy...hugs b xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy, yummy, yummy. Love lemon curd and the other one with Nutella and toasted hazelnuts sounds divine too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment