{Beef + Lentil Korma Curry}






First up I'd like to give a big high five to Jamie, you know Jamie right? of course you do, well this is one of his 15 minute meals recipes.  I don't know if it actually took me 15 minutes I pottered around a fair bit and I didn't do his fancy rice but it was quick and also I didn't throw food all over the benches like he does so quite possibly it took a bit longer to cook and a bit less time to clean up. 

...the curry
1 x 400g tin of lentils, rinsed and drained
1 heaped teaspoon garam masala
400g quality lean beef mince 
olive oil
3 ripe tomatoes
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
2 spring onions
1 red chilli
1 bunch fresh coriander
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon runny honey
2 heaped teaspoons Patak's rogan josh curry paste
270g tin of light coconut milk
greek yoghurt, to serve
1 lemon

Put the lentils into a big bowl with salt, pepper, garam masala and mince, combine with clean hands, divide the mixture in half, then with wet hands quickly squeeze and mould each half into 6 fat fingers. Pop them into the frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil, cook turning when golden.

Roughly chop tomatoes and throw into a blender, add the peeled sliced ginger, trimmed spring onions, half the chilli, the coriander stalks, turmeric, honey, curry paste and coconut milk, then blitz until combined.  Pour into the pan with the golden koftas, bring to the boil, then simmer for around 10 minutes and season to taste.

Finely slice the remaining chilli along with the coriander leaves and scatter them over the curry, dollop with yoghurt, then serve with lemon wedges, poppadoms and the rice (I added a handful or two of peas to my rice).

Comments

  1. YUM! I've heard a bit about Jamie and his 15 minute meals. I suspect he doesn't do his own cleaning up either ;)

    But this does look fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment